First Aid at Work 3 day Courses
Course Duration: 3 days
Price: £195 + vat per delegate
Number of Delegates: Min. 8 Max. 12
First Aid at Work 3 day open courses Rotherham, Sheffield and UK.
Who Should attend:
All employers in the UK have a legal duty to make First Aid provision for their employees whilst they are at work. This course is ideal for those persons who are nominated to be a First Aider in the workplace, or who want the most comprehensive introduction to First Aid.
The knowledge and confidence to deal with a First Aid emergency.
Delegates will receive thorough training in a range of First Aid competencies including:
- Role of the first aider
- Aims and principles of First Aid
- Prevention of cross-infection during First Aid procedures
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- Assessment and treatment of fractures, dislocations and soft tissue injuries
- Assessment and treatment of burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Assessment and treatment of common major and minor illnesses
- Emergency transport of casualties
- Legal aspects of First Aid at Work, record keeping and use of equipment
Continuous assessment by trainer and practical skills tests.
On successful completion of the course and final assessment, the delegate will receive a certificate, which is valid for three years.