ABC Achieving Behavourial Change
Course Duration: 1 day
Price: £POA per delegate
Number of Delegates: Min 6 – Max 20
Who Should attend:
The course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of how attitude, behaviour, communication and worker engagement* at all levels can help prevent the chances of accidents occurring. Ideally there should be a spread of managers, supervisors and operatives.
The course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of how attitude, behaviour, communication and worker engagement* at all levels can help prevent the chances of accidents occurring. More info on HSE
- List the basic legal duties of employers and employees.
- Define hazards, risks and control measures.
- List possible causes of accidents.
- Appreciate the link between attitude and behaviour.
- Appreciate the costs of poor safety performance.
- Appreciate the benefits of good safety performance.
- Putting ABC into practice using the STAARR and TASK card.
- Successfully complete the course assessment.
STAARR (Stop, Think, Assess, Act, Report and Review) and TASK (Think first, Act safe, Stop if hazardous and Keep safe) card.
The course materials include a PowerPoint presentation; eight separate exercises (some of which use film clips), and an end-of-course test. The course is designed to be simple, free flowing and interactive
with clear, jargon-free slides that present the main points.
On successful completion of the course and final assessment the candidate will receive an industry recognised Construction Skills certificate.